Advanced Spinning Techniques - 1 to 1 Learning
For those of you who already know how to do the basics on a spinning wheel! Perhaps you have your own wheel but have got stuck on making the same style of ‘barber-pole’ yarns!
Whatever your reason for wanting to learn new skills you can choose to use one of our amazing Ashford spinning wheels (double treadle) or bring your own along. We will a provide a wide range of fibres for you to try but feel free to bring some along if you want to try blending with some of ours. You can use the final spun samples for knitting, crochet, felt-making, tapestry or weaving etc…
- Class duration min: 2 hours (£65) or 2.5 hours (£75) – please specify required duration on booking
- Try using one of our Ashford wheels or bring your own along!
- A wide variety of wool & fibre is provided in natural and hand-dyed colour-ways
Learn from scratch or try some new techniques. We will explore various areas of your choice such as;
- Spinning from art batts, roving, rolags,
- Splitting/blending fibre for fractual or gradient spinning
- Creating and using Art Batts
- Lock Spinning
- Chunky Thick and Thin
- Corespun Yarns
- Beehives and Coils
- Navajo Ply
- Working with inclusions such as beads and pearls
- Once you have attended a basic spin lesson you can then choose to book in another session at the studio to practice on the various wheels and/or to try sample fibres at a convenient time to suit you. (Times/ prices available by email request).