Spinning For Beginners - 1 to 1 Learning
I have been asked so often for this class and so finally here it is – an opportunity to learn how to spin on a spinning wheel. If you're interested, book the length of one to one tuition you require, and I'll get back to you to work out when would suit you best, daytime, evenings or weekends are all possible.
For those of you who may already know how to use a drop spindle or if you are an absolute beginner and just want to have a lesson on a spinning wheel! Perhaps you have your own wheel but have got stuck on ‘thick and thin yarn island’!
Whatever your reason for wanting to learn new skills you can choose to use one of our amazing Ashford spinning wheels (double treadle) or bring your own along. We will also provide a range of fibres for you to try but feel free to bring some along if you want to try blending with some of ours. You can use the final spun samples for knitting, crochet, felt-making, Tapestry or weaving etc…
- Class duration min: 90 mins (£45) or 2 hours (£60) – please specify required duration on booking
- Try using one of our Ashford wheels or bring your own along!
- A wide variety of wool & fibre is provided in natural and hand-dyed colour-ways
- Additional fibre will be available to purchase so that you can continue to practice at home.
Learn from scratch or try some new techniques. We will explore areas such as;
- Different styles of drafting
- Woollen vs. Worsted
- Spinning from art batts, roving, rolags,
- How to ply
- Using spinning equipment i.e. Niddy Noddy
- Once you have attended a basic spin lesson you can then choose to book in another session at the studio to practice on the various wheels and/or to try sample fibres at a convenient time to suit you.