Spinning For Beginners - 1 to 1 Learning ONLINE
I have been asked so often for this class and so finally here it is – an opportunity to learn how to spin on a spinning wheel. But this being 2021, I'll be delivering this course online until it's safe to do so in person.
For those of you who may already know how to use a drop spindle or if you are an absolute beginner and just want to have a lesson on a spinning wheel! Perhaps you have your own wheel but have got stuck on ‘thick and thin yarn island’!
Whatever your reason for wanting to learn new skills I'll be demonstrating on one of my amazing Ashford spinning wheels (double treadle) or my E-spinner wheel.
Class duration min: 60 mins (£45) or 90 mins (£60) – please specify required duration on booking.
- A wide variety of wool & fibre can be provided in advance, using my natural and hand-dyed colour-ways - click here to purchase
Learn from scratch or try some new techniques. We will explore areas such as;
- Different styles of drafting
- Woollen vs. Worsted
- Spinning from art batts, roving, rolags,
- How to ply
- Using spinning equipment i.e. Niddy Noddy
- Once you have completed a basic spin lesson you can then choose to book in another session at the studio to practice on the various wheels and/or to try sample fibres at a convenient time to suit you.
If you're interested, book the length of one to one tuition you require, and I'll get back to you to work out when would suit you best, daytime, evenings or weekends are all possible.
DELIVERED VIA ZOOM, FACETIME, SKYPE, TEAMS OR FACEBOOK LIVE